Monday, September 13, 2010

Wee Worship September 2010 - Jonah and Obedience

"O Little Children"
O little children, come, come and go.  To the pretty valley that is down low.
God will go with us.  God will go with us.  To the pretty valley that is down low.

"Three Little Fish" (Three Blind Mice)
Three little fish, three little fish.  See how they swim, see how they swim.
Round and round and fast they go. 
Now they're going very slow.
Three little fish, three little fish.

"Five Little Fishes"
5 little fishes swimming near the shore, 1 took a dive and then there were 4.
4 little fishes were swimming out to sea, 1 went for food and then there were 3.
3 little fishes said now what should we do?  One swam away and then there were 2.
2 little fishes were having great fun.  1 took a plunge and then there was 1.
1 little fish siad I like the warm sun.  Away she went and then there were none!

"Peek-a-boo"
Peek-a-boo, I see you, I see you hiding there.
La, la, la, la
Peek-a-boo, I see you, I see you hiding there.
Peek-a-boo!

"Allegalloo"
Allegalloo galloo, allegalloo gallee
allee galloo galloo gallee
wheee!

"I'm a Whale" (Are You Sleeping)
I am swimming, I am swimming, in the sea, in the sea.
I'm a big whale and I'm swimming, in the sea, in the sea.

I am singing, I am singing, in the sea, in the sea.
I'm a big whale and I'm singing, in the sea, in the sea.

"Who Did Swallow Jonah?"
Who did, who did, who did, who did, who did swallow Jo-Jo-Jo-Jo (repeat 3x)
Who did swallow Jonah?  Who did swallow Jonah?  Who did swallow Jonah down?

Whale did, whale did, whale did, whale did, whale did swallow Jo-Jo-Jo-Jo (repeat 3x)
The whale did swallow Jonah, whale did swallow Jonah, whale did swallow Jonah whole!

"I Will Obey You"
Here are my hands let them serve.  Let me mouth speak your words.
Cause my ears  to hear your voice, and my feet to follow your path
Cause my eyes to see all that you want me to be.
And I will obey you with all my heart and I will obey you with all my heart.

"Down in the Deep Blue Sea" (Shoo Fly Don't Bother Me)
v. 1  Down in the deep blue sea, down in the deep blue sea, down in the deep blue sea,
what do you think we'll see?
v. 2  We'll see a great big boat
v. 3  Overboard Jonah goes
v. 4  Here comes a great big fish
v. 5  the fish swallows Jonah whole
v. 6  Jonah prays and prays
v. 7  The big fish spits Jonah out
v. 8  Jonah obeys the Lord



Craft:  Fingerprint Whale

I made a white whale on blue construction paper. You could also make a blue or grey whale on white construction paper.


Directions:

Body: Stamp your thumb in white paint and make a firm thumbprint sideways on the paper for the whale's body


Tail: Dip the tip of your pinkie in the white paint and make two light pinkie prints at the end of the thumbprint in a sort of a heart shape


Water: Dip your index finger in blue or green paint and make firm prints under the whale for the water


Spout: Use a toothpick, q-tip or small paint brush to draw a few lines above the whale as the spout


________________________________________

Extras:

Add some clouds and a sun to spruce up the picture

(gentle yellow finger print for the sun)

(three white finger prints in a row with two white finger prints in a row just above = cloud)

No comments:

Post a Comment